Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 Model Review
Beauty without borders.
The world’s smallest* 13-inch 2-in-1 InfinityEdge display for virtually borderless viewing and gorgeous detail with the latest Intel® processors and optional UltraSharp QHD+. There are a few kinds of the hybrid laptop: ones with screens that pull off; those with 360-degree hinges; and (now rarer) ones whose screens flip around, almost independent of the base. Dell has had a go at the lot, but it seems to have settled on a style in the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1.
The revolutionary InfinityEdge display is now available for the first time on a 2-in-1, providing a virtually borderless edge-to-edge view, all in the smallest 13-inch 2-in-1 on the planet. Enjoy stunning views with the UltraSharp QHD+ resolution seeing every detail with 5.7 million pixels. Colors come to life with a color gamut of 72% and 400-n brightness for a great view even outside.
This is a very laptop-like hybrid, whose hinge simply lets the display fold back further and further until it reaches the back of the keyboard half. It’s a similar style to what Lenovo has also settled on in its 2-in-1 hybrid Yoga laptops.
It has less power but is significantly thinner and lighter. Take its 14mm thickness, add in Dell’s now famous slim-surround InfinityEdge screen, and its 1.24kg weight makes for a laptop that’s hard to beat if you’re after something to carry around all day, every day.
Stay powered longer: Depending on how you use your 2-in-1, your battery life will vary. We benchmark our battery life 2 different ways – with industry standard MobileMark 2014, as well as some of the most common laptop usages, like streaming video. When you are using productivity applications, like Word or Excel, experience up to 8 hours and 35 minutes of runtime or enjoy up to 7 hours and 12 minutes of battery life when streaming Netflix content.
Back-up power: The optional Dell Hybrid Adapter + Power Bank will give you extra runtime with (11) additional hours of productivity* for your XPS 13 2-in-1.
Features and Specifications
- Processor – 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7Y75 Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.6 GHz)
- Hard Drive – 512GB PCIe Solid State Drive
- Display – 13.3” QHD+ (3200 x 1800) InfinityEdge Touch display
- RAM – 16GB LPDDR3 1866MHz, Finger Print Reader
- Operating System – Windows 1o Home
- Graphics Card – Intel HD Graphics
- Ports – Side 1 Thunderbolt™ 3 with PowerShare & DC-In 1 DisplayPort over USB-C with PowerShare, DC-In & DisplayPort 1 MicroSD Card Reader 1 Headset jack 1 Noble Lock Slot
- Slots – Noble Security Lock Slot,
- Fingerprint Reader – Chassis
- Bluetooth – Bluetooth 4.2
- Camera – Widescreen HD (720p) webcam with dual array digital microphones
- Keyboard – Full size, backlit chiclet keyboard; 1.3mm travel Screen Edge-to-edge Corning Gorilla Glass NBT Touchpad Precision touchpad, seamless glass integrated button
- Wireless – Intel 8265 802.11ac 2×2 WiFi and Bluetooth
- Primary Battery – Primary 4-Cell (46Whr) battery
- Power – Battery 46WHr battery (built-in)*, A/C Adapter Type-C 30W AC adapter Power Supply 30W
- Dell Active Pen plus Best Notebook Stylus Penlight
8 new from $1,458.00
4 used from $800.00
Last updated on January 6, 2018 5:36 am