HP Business EliteBook 1040 G3 Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) Review
HP Business EliteBook 1040 G3 Notebook: The sophisticated style of the world’s thinnest 14-inch diagonal business-class notebook complements its innovative performance, security, and manageability features.
Carry less, do more
Work confidently with the thin, elegant, and durable HP EliteBook 1040 with the HP Premium Keyboard, and a strong all-metal diamond-cut design that passed MIL-STD 810G testing. Power through your day with long battery life, 6th Gen Intel® Core™ processors, up to 16 GB of memory, and PCIe SSDs that yield impressive speed and performance. HP Business EliteBook 1040 G3 Notebook PC is protected from malware. HP Sure Start with Dynamic Protection protects against BIOS attacks.
A very welcome function of the Folio 1040 G3 is the integrated WWAN module plus SIM-card from HP with 200 MB free data per month (for three years). Wi-Fi connections are handled by the popular WLAN module Dual-Band Wireless-AC 8260 from Intel, which supports the fast 802.11ac standard in 2.4 as well as 5 GHz networks and Bluetooth 4.2. The maximum transfer rate is 867 Mbps, and you can determine around 70-80 MB/s (802.11n: 9-10 MB/s) under perfect conditions (1 meter/~3 feet to the router Asus RT-AC56U). NFC is also available.
The HD webcam in the upper display frame does its job, but you should use your smartphone for decent pictures if possible. The integrated dual-array microphone leaves a better impression and voice recordings are loud and clear.
Features and Specifications
- Operating system – Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro 64)
- Processor family – Intel® Core™ i5 processor
- Processor – Intel® Core™ i5-6200U with Intel HD Graphics 520 (2.3 GHz, up to 2.8 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
- Chipset – Chipset is integrated with processor
- Memory – 8 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
- Internal drive – 256 GB M.2 SATA TLC SSD
- Display – 14″ diagonal FHD SVA anti-glare slim LED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
- Graphics – Intel® HD Graphics 520
- External I/O Ports – 2 USB 3.0 charging, 1 USB Type-C™ (charging), one docking connector; HDMI x1; 1x AC power; headphone/microphone combo
- Audio– Audio by Bang & Olufsen; Integrated dual-microphone array; 2 integrated stereo speakersAudio by Bang & Olufsen; Integrated dual-microphone array; 2 integrated stereo speakers
- Webcam – 720p HD webcam
- Keyboard – Spill-resistant Backlit keyboard and drain
- Pointing device – Glass ClickPad (with chemically etched surface), taps and gestures enabled by default, two-finger scrolling, two finger zoom (pinch)
- Wireless technology – Intel 802.11a/b/g/n/AC (2×2) and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo
- Power supply – 45 W Smart AC adapter
- Battery – HP Long Life 6-cell, 45.6 Wh Li-ion polymer
- Dimensions (W X D X H) – 13.27 x 9.23 x 0.62 in (non-touch); 13.27 x 9.23 x 0.65 in (touch)
- Weight – Starting at 3.15 lb
- Security management – Security lock slot (lock must be purchased separately); TPM 1.2/2.0 (Infineon, soldered down); Integrated smart card reader (active); Fingerprint reader; Preboot Authentication (password, Smart Card)
- Software included – HP BIOSphere with HP Sure Start; Connection Manager (models with Windows 7); ePrint; Recovery Manager; SoftPaq Download Manager; Support Assistant; Wireless Hotspot; Microsoft Security Essentials (models with Windows 7 only); Skype; Buy Office; HP Touchpoint Manager; CyberLink YouCam BE (models with Windows 7); Foxit PhantomPDF Express for HP; Absolute Data Protect (models with Windows 8.1); Intel® WiDi Software
36 new from $ 1,299.00
2 used from $ 396.50
Last updated on February 3, 2018 1:23 am